Music of Nosferatu (Murnau).

« Older   Newer »
daniel 64
view post Posted on 28/1/2010, 19:35

Hello Claudio Simonetti.

My name is Daniel and I am french.
First I would like to express all the admiration I have for you since a time when internet still not existed and so it was difficult to follow your (or Goblin) carrer. I have allways been a great fan of your music wich appears to me extraordinarily powerful and release strong energy, my favourite is the tremendous "Mater Lacrimarum". I have long hesitated to subscribe and participate here because I was afraid, by lack of musical culture, of not to be able to bring something new to the forum or asking stupid questions, but now I start it.

I have read in a website that you have composed a new music for the black and white film of Murnau, Nosferatu (1922), that you've presented here in France. Could you please speak more about this work and explain here how came to you the idea of working in a film wich is totallly different from Dario Argento's ones or italian giallos, it looks to me a little unusual compared with the habitual style of Simonetti . I am very curious to listen to this music but I could not encounter in Youtube, is it closer to classical music ?

I hope you all the best and many succes.
Greetings from France.

Daniel.

PS: I hope you apologize if my english is not very good.

0 replies since 28/1/2010, 19:35   181 views